Permanent – Full Time (we will consider applications for 3–4-day weeks)
Halt Studios, Unit 120, Filwood Green Business Park, Bristol, BS4 1ET
Halt is a creative marketing agency that fuses creativity, strategic thinking and storytelling expertise with decades of recruitment industry experience to enable our clients to stop and influence target audiences.
From compelling branding and captivating content to creating scroll-stopping social media campaigns, we cut through the noise and amplify ambitious recruitment brands and their messages to spark the connections that will scale their business.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a passionate Creative Designer to join our growing team consisting of Social Media Leads, Content Creators, Account Managers, Social Media Executives, and a wider network of freelance marketing specialists.
Located in Hengrove, Bristol, the purpose of the role will be to support the Manager of our Creative and Branding department in the development, implementation and delivery of social media and content strategies across a portfolio of new and existing clients.
This is a multi-faceted role, working across a variety of different marketing disciplines including social media, content creation, creative design, website administration and general marketing co-ordination.
Duties will include:
- Conceptualising visuals based on briefs from both clients and internal teams
- Support the wider team in brand and marketing discovery workshops and translate findings into strategies
- Participate in client meetings to take design briefs and discuss order requirements ensuring expectations, delivery timescales and desired outcomes are achieved
- Designing graphics across various media including both print and screen
- Schedule projects and define budget requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas to both clients and internal teams
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using Adobe CC software
- Use the appropriate colour, typography, and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and the Creative Manager to produce final designs
- Understand and learn from feedback appropriately amending designs after
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Organise, manage, and deliver visual content templates for use by our social media team
- Support the team with other ad-hoc requests during brand creation and launch phases
- Prepare content and design assets for client sales collateral and promotional material
- Manage client website page content, graphics and categorisation when required
- Batchelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Fine Arts or related field
- A minimum of 12 months experience working in a design role (Intern, Apprentice, or Freelance)
- Proven graphic design experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating work for both print and screen
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- High attention to detail and consistency across artwork
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Passion for social media, digital and new technologies
- Excellent writing skills, engaging, thorough, great spelling and grammar
- Good photography and photo/video editing skills
- Working knowledge of Canva
- Working knowledge of Apple Mac, Microsoft Office and Google Workspace are essential
- Basic understanding of WordPress and Website CMS platforms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact internally/externally with a diverse audience
- Excellent personal organisational and multi-tasking skills
What we offer
- Starting salary of £19-£22k per annum (dependant on experience and qualifications)
- 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (when it falls on a workday)
- Holiday entitlement will increase by 1 day for each calendar year worked
- Pension and bonus scheme
- Latest MacBook, Monitors, Full Adobe Creative Suite with access to a variety of production tools and stock subscriptions
- Free secure parking at Filwood Green Business Park
Due to the location of our offices, we are only able to consider applicants residing in the Bristol area and able to commute by means of Car or public transport to our offices.
To find out more and register your interest, please email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
(+44) 07581 559 127